2013 Royal Baby Silver Proof Coin
Such a significant occasion as the birth of a royal heir deserves a truly special coin. This issue was very popular with the coin selling out fast.
- Features the 'Princely Coronet' in gold plating
- A stylised koru design symbolising new life adds a New Zealand touch to the design.
- The date of birth of H.R.H. Prince George of Cambridge is engraved on the coin
- Minted from 1 troy oz 0.999 silver
- Low worldwide mintage of 1,500
The intricate design features the Princely Coronet in gold plating. The Princely Coronet is a type of crown that's assigned to the children of Heir Apparent (Prince of Wales), which includes Prince George's father, the Duke of Cambridge. The detailed design also features stylised koru – a pattern used in Māori and New Zealand art to symbolise new life.
|Denomination:||One New Zealand dollar|
|Composition:||0.999 silver with selective gold plating|
|Weight:||1 troy oz|
|Obverse design:||Portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Ian Rank-Broadley, United Kingdom|
|Reverse design:||Gold plated Princely Coronet along with a stylised koru design and the date of birth of H.R.H. Prince George of Cambridge|
|Worldwide mintage limit:||1,500|
|Mint:||BH Mayer's Kunstprageanstalt GmbH|